Attention: Required Upgrade Coming. We Need Your Help.
Starting March 2022, we will be upgrading all clients from older "legacy" to the latest features. This mandatory upgrade is FREE of charge.*
Metro Publisher regularly releases upgrades to our system and distributes them to all community members. These releases include critical security updates, bug fixes, new features as well as improvements to existing features. Most updates are rolled automatically without Metro Publisher users having to do anything – everything just continues to work.
But there are some changes where we need active participation from our community members to ensure that old code doesn’t impact performance or security. These we typically roll out as beta features to ensure that there are no impacts on day to to day operations.
Metro Publisher has released several important features – to improve SEO, workflows, and give greater design flexibility – that fall into this category. It’s now time to upgrade the few remaining community member sites so that we can roll out even greater features.
Starting March 2022, we will be upgrading any remaining "legacy" sites to the latest features. This required upgrade is FREE of charge.* We will be reaching out via email if your site is affected and ask that you work with us to ensure that you are running the latest and greatest Metro Publisher features.
What do I do?
You don't have to do anything. Our support team will be contacting community members individually throughout the year to explain available options and coordinate the upgrade. But you can avoid the rush and get started now. Contact us through support and we’ll arrange a free evaluation of your individual situation.
Is this required?
Yes. We must upgrade each client. However, our support team will coordinate the upgrade with you to minimize any disruptions.
How much does it cost?
This mandatory upgrade is FREE of charge.* At the same time, we are offering optional paid services to improve your website. A time/cost estimate will be provided based on each clients requested add-ons.
*Some clients have heavily customized sites which may affect the upgrade requirements. Our support team will be contacting community members individually throughout the year to explain available options and coordinate the upgrade.
- Section Layout Upgrade - All sections and subsections will be upgraded to the drag and drop landing page editor. The new editor includes flexible layout options, updated sprockets, and custom ads. More…
- Design Builder - Rebuild current design to the new Design Builder tool standard. We've completely rebuilt the design experience in Metro Publisher. The new Design Builder makes it easier than ever for Standard users to customize the look and feel of their websites. More…
- Legacy sprockets - Replace Legacy sprockets in use.
- Third Party Services - Removal of third party deprecated services (Newsletters, Facebook)
- Blogs - Move blog content to hidden assigned section and deprecate blog format
- Global Settings - Update global settings (search filter bar, overviews, etc.)
- Google Ad Manager - Smooth transition of run of network ads targeting default ad slots
Optional Paid Add-ons
Price: $75 hourly rate (50% discount). Cost estimate upon request.
A time/cost estimate will be provided based on each clients requested add-ons.
- Design refinements for typography, header (2hr)
- Custom Pages (1-2hr/page)
- HTML sprocket (1-2hr/sprocket)
- (Pro only) full-width container and typography (requires custom classes)(1-2hr)
- (Pro only) Custom Footer (1-2hr)
- Sponsored content implementation, strategy, and training (1-2hr)
- One directory (1-2hr)
- Tag cleanup (removal of tags used twice or less) (1-2hr)
Setup of third party services
- Social media widget (on request)
- Newsletter signup (on request)
- GAM setup (1-2hr)
- GAM training (1-2hr)
- Consultation of services such as Pico, Google Console, Analytics and paywalls (on request)