Metro Publisher now includes an easy way to encrypt your site (SSL).
1. To turn SSL on for your Metro Publisher site, the account owner should go to:
- There will be a list of the websites accessible to that user:
- Click "More"
- Then, click "Site Settings"
2. On the Site Settings page is listed the various options for HTTPS:
HTTPS Only – This is the optimal setting and on by default for all new clients.
- NOTE: Once an SSL certificate is issued (most of the time within a day) users are redirected from HTTP to HTTPS.
HTTP and HTTPS – Users are not redirected at all.
- NOTE: This is only useful as an intermediate step towards HTTPS so clients can test HTTPS without having the real users see much breakage.
HTTP Only – Your website will redirect users from HTTPS to HTTP.