NOTE: Please refer to our overview document on Events, Event Searches, and the Event Calendar Sprocket for any initial questions about Event Searches: Events Overview.
There are two ways to link to Event Searches:
- Event Calendar Sprockets
- Linking Directly to an Event Search Page
Event Calendar Sprockets
Event Calendar Sprockets can be configured to automatically link to an event search pages. To find out how to use these Sprockets, read the Event Calendar Sprocket doc.
Setting up a Section or Subsection to take the user to an event search
- Log in as an Editor.
- Copy the Relative URL from the Event Search page.
- Log in as Admin.
- Go to Sections and create your new Section or Subsection, and name it after the search you just created.
- The URL name and Relative URL fields on your new section will auto-fill in accordance with the Section/Subsection name. You can leave that as is so that if you ever change the External URL again (see 6.), your Section will still have a URL.
- Paste the Relative URL that you copied from the Event Search into the External URL field: Example: "/search/event/event-search-name/"
NOTE: With that Relative URL, you can link from Sprockets and Content directly.