Here are the step-by-step instructions for exporting HTML from InDesign CS5.5 and pasting into Metro Publisher. This workflow will allow content to retain basic styling elements such as bold, italics and lists from an InDesign file.
Attached to this ticket are sample InDesign and HTML files that you may use to understand the export tag settings in InDesign CS5.5.
1. Create paragraph and character styles in InDesign.
2. Edit style.
3. Create export tags for each style.
Paragraphs Styles = p, h4, ol, ul
Character Styles = em, strong
4. Click "File" then "Export."
5. Format: "HTML"
6. If you have bullets or numbered lists, make sure that they map to "Unordered" and "Ordered" lists.
7. Open exported HTML document in browser and copy HTML from within browser.
8. Go to article you wish to edit in metro Publisher, and click "Try Out New Editor Style."
9. In the new text editor, click the "Paste" icon.
10. Paste in the HTML you copied from your exported page.
11. Your text will appear in the text edit window.
12. Check your work.