For clients with the Metro Publisher's Directory add-on, sponsored content tools enable you to easily promote your advertisers in an effective and elegant way.
How Does it Work?
One of the biggest challenges facing traditional online publishers is how to create visibility for their advertisers. The world of online media is a crowded place, filled with ad blocker technologies and countless other distractions, making it hard for your clients to attract your readers' attention. In this context, sponsored content is a powerful tool for publishers. It allows your advertisers to cut through the noise and connect directly with your readers through valuable and meaningful content.
Special Styling for Sponsored Content
Metro Publisher has made it easier than ever for you to set up and feature sponsored content throughout your website with a special “sponsored” tag function.
Just create a new tag and designate it as sponsored. Any content with that tag will be styled in a way that stands out from the rest of your stories. Simple!
Here are a few things to note:
- This feature requires the Directory add-on.
- The styling of sponsored items within sprockets and on the content pages is determined by the theme.
- The text call-out will always display "Sponsored." Pro clients can change this using CSS.
- While you can designate as many tags as you like as sponsored, since the display is the same it really only makes sense to use a single tag.
To really boost your clients' content campaigns, combine this new feature with existing complimentary features:
- Control the Placement of Your Sponsored Content – Keep your advertisers highly visible by ‘pinning’ their sponsored content within feeds of new stories, events, and news items. Read more...
- Create Custom Landing Pages – With our flexible section layout tool, your team can create customized landing pages on any topic you like. Read more...
- Get the Directory Add-on – Combine with other features of the Directory add-on to provide a complete and highly sellable package your sales team will love. Read more...