Starting April 21, 2016, the development team will begin gradually updating all clients to Metro Publisher Release v4.0. Highlights include a new more flexible section editor, new Sprockets, and more.
New Features & Updates
New Section Editor
- Sprocket-based Editing – Allows wide variety of layouts and options to feature content by a variety of criteria.
- Combined Editor – For greater consistency, homepage and section pages have the same editor with the same features.
- Sandbox Editor – Multiple draft versions of all entry pages so you can work on and preview your changes before making them live.
- Scheduling – Set a future date/time for changes to your entry pages to go live.
- Sprocket Inheritance – Distribute sprockets throughout your website more easily by allowing sections and subsections to "inherit" sprockets from their parent.
- Drag and Drop Re-ordering – Easily move around sprockets by drag and drop.
- Ad Sprocket
- Carousel Sprocket
- Classic List Sprocket
- Gallery Sprocket
- HTML Sprocket
- Posterboard Sprocket
- Slider Sprocket
Google new Accelerated Mobile Pages Beta – There is now an option to generate AMP specific HTML for your content.
Expiration date for content and events – Per client requests, content and events now have an option for an expiration date.
Location and Event Page Improvements – Layout improvements (per client request) to event and location pages
Tags Export – Tags export as an XLS file listing Tag Categories and use on Location or Event Searches is now possible.
Event Submission Link – The link for users to submit Events to your site, which appears on the Event Calender Sprocket, may now be hidden.