Starting April 21, 2016, the development team will begin gradually updating all clients to Metro Publisher Release v4.0. Highlights include a new more flexible section editor, new Sprockets, and more.
New Features & Updates
New Section Editor
- Sprocket-based Editing – Allows wide variety of layouts and options to feature content by a variety of criteria.
- Combined Editor – For greater consistency, homepage and section pages have the same editor with the same features.
- Sandbox Editor – Multiple draft versions of all entry pages so you can work on and preview your changes before making them live.
- Scheduling – Set a future date/time for changes to your entry pages to go live.
- Sprocket Inheritance – Distribute sprockets throughout your website more easily by allowing sections and subsections to "inherit" sprockets from their parent.
- Drag and Drop Re-ordering – Easily move around sprockets by drag and drop.
- Ad Sprocket
- Carousel Sprocket
- Classic List Sprocket
- Gallery Sprocket
- HTML Sprocket
- Posterboard Sprocket
- Slider Sprocket
Google new Accelerated Mobile Pages Beta – There is now an option to generate AMP specific HTML for your content.
Expiration date for content and events – Per client requests, content and events now have an option for an expiration date.
Location and Event Page Improvements – Layout improvements (per client request) to event and location pages
Tags Export – Tags export as an XLS file listing Tag Categories and use on Location or Event Searches is now possible.
Event Submission Link – The link for users to submit Events to your site, which appears on the Event Calender Sprocket, may now be hidden.
Will you be offering any instructional or expanded knowledge videos on Google AMP? Seems a little overwhelming but you folks always do a good job of bringing it down to a understandable level.
We are also interested in seeing more support material around implementing AMP.
Thank you for submitting your questions. We'll be updating the support site with documentation shortly.
Here you can see a doc that explains how to implement AMP:
Currently our integration is very basic. We love to get feedback from users.