NOTES FOR MARCH 24, 2010 RELEASE
Dear Metro Publisher Clients,
We are happy to share with you some of the changes included in the upcoming release on March 24th, 2010. By regularly refining and updating Metro Publisher, our aim is to enrich the experience for both you and your readers. Your opinions and feedback are taken into consideration and are direct influences on the changes we implement and present to you here.
Important Changes to Note:
Higher Allowances for Content Types and Files/Assets
For Starter, Starter Advanced and Standard Metro Publisher service packages, we have raised the limits on individual content types as well as files and assets.
- Starter: Limit on number of content types was 1,000 but has now been raised to 1,500 of each content type. Files/Assets limit has been raised from 2,000 to 4,000.
- Starter Advanced: Files/Assets limit has been raised from 5,000 to 5,500.
- Standard: Files/Assets limit has been raised from 10,000 to 20,000
We have upgraded sprockets with four new options that will allow greater flexibility to highlight content throughout your site.
- The Manual List sprocket will allow you to share highlighted articles, events or external content as a simple list of links. With this sprocket, you will have the option to highlight links by displaying descriptive text and thumbnails.
- The Recent Blog Post (Multiple Blogs) will make it possible to display the latest blog postings from one or more of your blogs. Additionally, an optional header graphic may now be inserted to customize the look of this new sprocket.
- The Location Search sprocket will link to your existing Location Searches.
- The Directory Search sprocket will enable you to promote your directory by offering your users the ability to search and find valuable local services.
These sprockets will automatically become available in the sprockets admin with the new release.
Multi-Select on Sprockets
As part of our efforts to make your workflows less repetitive, it will be possible to add multiple sprockets at once to the homepage, sections, and subsections.
Global Setting for External Links
Finally, with this release there is a new global setting feature that gives you the ability to set your external links to open in new window as opposed to refreshing the current window. This is a useful feature to keep your site available to your readers even if they have navigated away by clicking an external link from one of your articles.
We hope this upgrade will enhance your experience with Metro Publisher. We want to keep you and your readers excited about your work. In the works for future release are RSS for the events search page as well as RSS notifications to the admin for user submitted comments and events. Metro Publisher is software as a service and we rely on your feedback for success. We appreciate your input and your continued support!
Your Metro Publisher Support Team