Twitter cards make it possible for you to attach media experiences to Tweets that link to your content. To activate this feature, you will need to do a few things:
1. Add Twitter Username
First, you will need to add your Twitter username to your Metro Publisher works site. followers.
- Log in to your Metro Publisher work site as an "Admin."
- Go to 3rd Party > Twitter Cards
- Paste in your Twitter username. Example: @mytwitterusername
2. Validate Your Website with Twitter
Next, you must validate your website with Twitter.
- Go to https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards/validation/validator
- Click on the tab "Validate URLs."
- Type in your website URL and press enter
- Click "Request Approval"
- Fill out form and Submit. Be careful to fill out the entire form. There are fields below the fold that need to be filled out as well.
- Click "Register Domain."
NOTE: The approval process can take a long time. This is the message most people get:
Thanks for applying to be part of Twitter's cards service. We'll review your request as soon as possible. Expect a few weeks for turn-around time. You will receive an email when your request has been reviewed."