If you are using the new GPT tags, you can follow these instructions to create HTML sprockets for ads.
Part 1 - Create your Ad in DfP
- Log into your account and go to Inventory
- Click "New Ad Unit" for Web
- Give it a name following the preferred naming convention
- Prefix with site short name like "MMP_" or "VAL_" (you can look yours up in Metro Publisher Settings)
- Append with ad dimensions like "_300x250" or "_728x90"
- Keep this name handy!
- Select your size (recommend 300x250 or 300x600)
- Don't bother with Placements, just go ahead and save
- Insert artwork by placing an order
- Look up your Property Code in Network Settings (click the Admin tab) and keep it handy, too (includes "ca-pub-")
Part 2a - Create an HTML sprocket to display the ad
- Log into your Metro Publisher worksite as an Editor and go to Sprockets
- Add a new HTML sprocket and give it a name that helps you know what it is
- Save and try inserting your new sprocket into a section/subsection or homepage.