As an alternative to Google Custom Search Engine (CSE), Metro Publisher has a native search for allowing readers to find content by keyword on your website.
This search shows all results ordered by relevance. In addition, the results are also separated out by type: Articles (including Roundups and Reviews), Events, Locations, and Tags.
Here's how to activate the native search tool.
1. Deactive CSE (if you are currently using it)
New Metro Publisher clients or existing clients who are NOT using Google CSE will already have the native search tool active. You can verify this by checking to see if there is a search field around the upper right corner of your website.
If you are using CSE, you will need to turn off CSE.
To do that:
- Login in as an Admin and go to Settings > 3rd Party > Google CSE.
- Then, make sure the CSE field is blank.
2. Activate the native search under Beta Features
While still in Beta, you will need to activate native search tool.
To do that:
- Login in as an Admin and go to Settings > Beta Features.
- There you should check the option to "Use native search when Google CSE is off."