With each new release of Metro Publisher, our development team introduces new features and adjustments to code. In some cases we allow users to opt-in to the new features. In other cases, changes in code may cause conflicts with some older clients who may be using certain features that are being phased out. We add those as Beta Features in order to avoid compatibility issues with older features.
To get to the Beta Features tab for your website:
- Log in as an Admin
- Go to Settings > Beta Features
Below is a list of the current Beta Features.
These offer improvements to current features, but clients may want to update these at a time that is convenient for them.
- Show sprockets on Location pages
- Show sprockets on Topic pages
- Use new Filterbar on event and location searches
For most clients, these features should be ON.
- Clean HTML
- Hide the topad2 div if you use responsive ads.
- Load some sprockets via AJAX where appropriate
- Hide deprecated Facebook options.
- Don't load requirejs and only load jquery on pages that need it.
- Hide Sprocket Headline Image
- Use the new Broadstreet integration.
- Use native search when google CSE is off.
- Hide the deprecated sections button.
- Use new overviews
- Enable Progressive Web App