Hoefler & Co. has a slightly different way of offering web fonts to their clients. When launch date approaches, there is a moment when you have to move your Hoefler settings to "Production" mode.
Step 1 in their documentation states that you need to decide where on your server the fonts will be placed. Although you can upload files in Metro Publisher, there is no way to create the folder structure that this service requires. You can use any server that you have access to, though. If you don't have another server, you can set one up for a very low cost using Amazon Web Services.
Setting up your own AWS server:
- Create your account here: https://aws.amazon.com
- Once you've created your account, sign in to your console
- From there, type or click on S3, which is the storage service
- From there, you can set up bucket, name it accordingly, and upload the ZIP file provided by Hoefler into your new area.
- There are permissions, make sure that you provide Everyone "Read" under Object Access.
- Once you've done that, go back to the Hoefler settings page and update the URL so that it points to your AWS server. The URL would be something like this https://s3-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/...